The first episode of Estranged is up! I feel like I just puked up a baby from inside my heart! Which feels weird! Exclamation!
(Click the play button in the player or use the links below to download or listen in other ways.)
What’s in this episode:
- overview of the show’s intentions and purpose
- me sounding waaay more pretentious than I actually feel
- general introduction to who I am and where I’m coming from
- Inspiration! (?)
- Audible breathing and lip-smacking! Unfortunate on-mic nasal decongestion! Overall questionable and unprofessional audio quality!
- an awkward profession of love (for the truly hardcore)
Listening tip: I’ve committed early on to not second-guessing or editing my “shows” for the time being, but the last 13 minutes of this one is light on content and heavy on unintentionally-pretentious rehashing and wander-y wrapping up. Feel free to jump ship at any point after 37 minutes or so, unless you really love hearing me talk.
Referenced in this episode:
- my column The Not-So-Simple Life
- my presidential campaign (old retired site)
- my peacocks from back in the day (old home video)
- The Big Board page with upcoming topics