For a good six years or so when I was younger, I partied and went out a lot. Then for the next 18 years, not so much. On a drive home from my first night out in many months, I discuss why that came to be. Oh, and I just met a hero of mine like a half-hour earlier, so that was awesome. Come drive home with me and let’s talk about it!
(Click the play button in the player or use the links below to download or listen in other ways.)
What’s in this episode:
- How I had my partying/going out phase, and how the phase after that ended up becoming way too long
- Me having a very hard time coming up with good words
- The roots of me over-blowing “long drives” / my Boy Scout mentality when it comes to road trips of any decent size
- Discussion of three different types of hairs
- An adorable story from my neighbor about Cali’s separation anxiety
- Me missing the turn to my own road – twice
- …and a lot more!
Listening tip: I stumble a fair amount near the beginning, trying to come up with language to describe meeting my hero Mojo Nixon. It turns out that highway driving is distracting–who would have guessed? But it gets better with each passing few minutes, I promise.
Referenced in this episode:
- WTF Podcast
- Mojo Nixon (his web site | his music on Spotify)
- songs I mentioned (on Spotify): Gotta Be Free, You Can’t Kill Me, I Hate Banks, Burn Down the Malls, Burn Your Money!, Pirate Radio, Legalize It, I Like Marijuana, Destroy All Lawyers, Tie My Pecker To My Leg
- Marc Maron (on Twitter)
- Jonah Ray (on Twitter)
- Eddie Pepitone (on Twitter)
Picture of me and Mojo Nixon that I mentioned (click image for full-size version):