I’ve been reading the book Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain – and the timing couldn’t be better. Let’s talk about my most daunting adversary!
(Click the play button in the player or use the links below to download or listen in other ways.)
What’s in this episode:
- a premature review of Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain, and why it pertains to the show
- my uncool ability to outwit myself (and yours too!)
- developing an adjusted smile, and other ways of staying down and out of sight
- Dogs, trucks, pedestrians, and desert crunching!
Listening tip: Despite several interruptions, this episode packs a pretty good punch per minute on average, I think. It’s short, but cuts fairly deep.
Referenced in this episode:
- Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
- Estranged #4: How I realized that intelligence wasn’t enough
- not referenced but relevant: my column “My Own Worst Frenemy“