The show went into an unannounced hiatus for over a month—why? I’ve sort of been hiding out—why? Let’s find out!
(Click the play button in the player or use the links below to download or listen in other ways.)
What’s in this episode:
- excuses, reasons, and rationalizations!
- thoughts on gears meshing, or not
- going down the rabbit hole
- pot disclosure
- “this is not a sad show” irony
- a siege mindset
- an interesting encounter with a friend of mine, which further complicated the situation
Listening tip: I was recently gladdened upon hearing an episode of WTF with Marc Maron (an actual professional podcast) where he was recording while walking through a casino—and his breathing was audible! So I’m not such a deformed unhealthy freak after all. Or, alternatively, we both are. Either way—so there! If Marc can breathe out loud, so can I. Now I just have to find a professional podcast that has widespread lip-smacking and that “nnnnnyuah” sound I make, and I’ll feel completely justified. Wish me luck!
Referenced in this episode:
- Darren Staley (and Dylan Brody’s Neighbor’s Couch (and my appearance on it))
- my column The Not-So-Simple Life
- my Twitter feed
- Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain (mentioned first in Estranged #3)
- Estranged #7: “This is not a sad show”