How does my workaholism tie in to my tendencies of isolation and disconnection? Let’s find out!
(Click the play button in the player or use the links below to download or listen in other ways.)
What’s in this episode:
- “I have a huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, long, giant…”
- sitting at the computer as an isolating factor
- how work tends to trump almost any other activity option
- how it’s easier to communicate with yourself than with others
- procrastination, overload, and imbalance
- dissing the English major
- a missing dog interruption
Listening tip: This episode ended up getting cut short when I realized I couldn’t see one of my dogs anywhere nearby (in the desert, at night). “Work Habits, Pt. 2” will be coming up soon!
Referenced in this episode:
- Estranged #8: Hiding Out, and Why
- my Not-So-Simple Life column “Wishing for a Wee Bit of Weeble-izing“
- Estranged #11: Work Habits, Pt. 2